Friday, April 22, 2011

Is San Diego good place to start for pop punk band ?


Is San Diego good place to start for pop punk band ?
I want to attend the University of San Diego and i have heard some good things about it. I have another year of school. I am really into music. I listen to Alternative Rock, Pop punk and i know bands like Blink 182,Unwritten Law, My American Heart all come from San Diego. I was thinking of Chicago but its very cold and i really hope to go back to the US , i am actually a German citizen living in Paris and it is more expensive than California and finishing school here.A british school. They said i could attend in the U.S. somewhere and i really want to move to san diego california. It's really beautiful. I am an above average type of person. Would it be a good place to start ?
San Diego - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
You would probably have more luck in Hollywood or somewhere in LA because it would be easier to be "discovered." But it is possible, look at my american heart like you mentioned among several other bands.


2
it would be easier to break into the music scene in San Diego vs LA. There are so many students, so lots of student bars often with open mike nights and live bands playing. Also cool small venues like The Casbah, Belly Up in Solana Beach, etc where you can work your way up to playing.

Popular Posts