Sunday, April 24, 2011

How much is a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign in San Diego, California?


How much is a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign in San Diego, California?
It was 3 in the morning. There was no one on the street so I just paused and then went. Wtf. I got a speeding ticket a month earlier for $500. How much is this one going to be?? Also it said Im not eligible for traffic school for my speeding ticket and it was the first ticket I ever got. :( So how much is the ticket going to be, and will I be able to get traffic school for THIS one. I dont even know how much my insurance is going to go up for my first ticket. Im still a student so I have no idea how Im going to pay for all this...
Law Enforcement & Police - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I'm from Massachusetts but it sure sounds like California is controlled by a bunch of dickheads! Maybe Aaaaarnold can help you!


2
Ca CVC 22450 - Failure to stop at a stop sign - $138 base fine + applicable gov fees and surcharges. For more serious violations, one is not eligible for traffic.


3
The courts website normally has the court fees on it. Call the courts and ask if you make take a class. Your insurance will only go up for 1 ticket if you take a class for the other ticket removal


4
To get a fine that high for speeding, you were going at least 26 mph over the speed limit. Traffic school is not generally offered automatically when speed is more than 25 mph over the limit, although the court can order it if you ask. However, you can certainly use traffic school to avoid the conviction on the stop sign charge. Although a court can order traffic school for two citations issued within 18 months, I doubt that this would be likely when they are this close together, so you would only get rid of one, anyway. I am afraid Ben is way off on the fine. The scheduled fine for violating Veh C 22450(a) is $146+65 for a total of $211. Your fine should be close to that. Traffic school can cost up to $50 more, plus the cost of the school.

Popular Posts