Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What classes do I need to take to graduate high school and get into an art school?


What classes do I need to take to graduate high school and get into an art school?
I'm a senior in the San Diego California School District and I want to go to a good art school like CalArts or VanArts to study animation and I don't wanna take useless classes in high school. So what classes do I need to take to graduate and what would I need to take to get the attention of a good Art school? Thanks much love.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Hi! I'm an animation major (not at an art school), but was accepted into the animation major of my university, so can give you a relatively good idea of what you need. First, make sure you've taken a variety of art classes and computer classes. Perhaps you've taken art all 4 years of high school and have compiled a portfolio, which you should send to the schools you're planning on applying to, and perhaps you've taken a computer course, typing course, graphic design course, etc etc. Both disciplines are very important for animation. Make sure you check out the portfolio requirements of the art school you're applying to; sometimes they require an assignment for their portfolio application. Go ahead and check that out. Have a sketchbook of ideas and take photos of those pages, and send them in with your portfolio. Have you done any animations? Perhaps frame by frame animations (the animation I sent in was 3 seconds long, literally) and stop stop motion animation are helpful. Just some knowledge that you know what you're getting yourself into. Good luck!

Popular Posts